The online/virtual dispensary will return in 2022.
A project for gathering weed location data.
The goal of this project is to gather and present information about plant distribution across the state of Victoria.
In particular, the focus is upon medicinal and useful `weeds’ (and standout interesting plants). For example castor oil plant is a weed, it is useful and its presence tells a story.
The HWB Victoria plant map is now in public open release. You can use the map freely and without having to sign up or provide your email.
Data is anonymously gathered. We do not know your phone number or name, etc…
How the project works:
Download the app and open project.
(1) Visit the app store for your device and install the Èpicollect5′
- Open the app
- Select ADD PROJECT
- Search for HWB Victoria Plant Map
- Select the HWB Victoria project.
- Open the project
We have tried to minimise the number of clicks required to get the job done.
Add a new entry
There are no required fields. You only fill in the data that you have. You can skip to the next page at anytime.
- Select + Add entry
- Enter name of the plant – then press `next’
- Add photo – you can take a photo or add a photo from library. – then press next
- Add location – (next)
- Save entry
- Finally, you can upload your entries to the server (synchronise).
- (note) At any time during the process you can choose to navigate backwards/forwards, or use the Quit button to stop the process and start again.
Update – November 2021. A new form field has been added `in Bloom‘. This is to denote if the plant was spotted during its flowering cycle.
Uploading your data
When you have finished your session simply choose the upload button for your entries. Follow the prompts and you will have uploaded to the archive.
Mobile phone location services:
- Please note: you will need to allow location services on your phone for this to work properly.
- With location services active your photos will carry with them geolocation coordinates (this is called EXIF data).
- When you upload a photo it will be placed onto a map along with the plant name.
- When the update location button is pressed the system takes a snapshot of your current position.
Privacy: we only use the following data (1) GPS location of the plant (2) name of plant that you have entered into the form, and any comments you have made (3) any attached photos.
The data will be presented on a map to be hosted on the HWB website and via Epicollect5. Seasonal and regional overlays will show the annual procession of plants.
Accounting software and Health Justice – WTF?
Members can now access the HWB Victoria accounting platform for their personal and business needs.
This resource might be of interest:
- For people who are interested in utilising digital platforms for their accounting and invoices.
- People who are currently paying for an accounting software package and are interested in trying a free alternative.
- If you are using a platform such as Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks – it is worth testing our package to see if it meets your needs.
- The HWB platform can be hosted for free on the cloud, hosted on your own web server, PC or laptop, even on phones.
- By using the HWB members key you can access a set of addon-apps at no cost (saving around $250-$500 per year depending on library).
Most software services for accounting have a monthly fee (around $20 for basic accounts) and then they charge extra for addon services and apps as required. With the platform recommended by HWB you have no monthly fee and can access plugins for free. The source code is opensource and fully available to you.
To learn more — stay tuned for links! Or contact me directly to discuss.
- Herbalists Without Borders International global movement
HERBALISTS WITHOUT BORDERS VICTORIA is part of the global movement of Herbalists Without Borders International. The worldwide movement of Herbalists Without Borders International – including HERBALISTS WITHOUT BORDERS VICTORIA – is a non-denominational, non-partisan movement, independent of all governments, political parties and religious institutions.
- HERBALISTS WITHOUT BORDERS VICTORIA’s structure
HERBALISTS WITHOUT BORDERS VICTORIA is a democratic organisation comprising members and supporters who work to achieve the objects set out below.
The organisation is established to be a charity with the principal purpose of enacting the Herbalists Without Borders vision for Health Justice; with the purpose of advancing health, education, social and public welfare and culture, protecting and enhancing the natural environment and promoting human rights.
In addition to the global vision of Herbalists Without Borders International, HWB Victoria promotes reconciliation, mutual respect and tolerance between groups of individuals that are in Australia.
Herbalists Without Borders Victoria will be registered with Herbalists Without Borders International and must meet all requirements for club endorsement set by Herbalists Without Borders International as established in the HWB global Constitution or Policy.
- HERBALISTS WITHOUT BORDERS VICTORIA’s values and objectives
- HWB believes that health and wellness are human rights, not privileges
- HWB recognises many global citizens lack access to primary health and wellness due to economic hardship and other barriers
- HWB promotes health justice and oppression free local and global wellness practices
- HWB engages in volunteer efforts focused primarily on natural and botanical health and wellness solutions via education, prevention, empowerment, grassroots advocacy and organising
- HWB builds a renewed consciousness about conditions created by dominant social and economic institutions that impact all human beings; emphasizing the roles of traditional herbalists and healers who live and work within those systems often experiencing social stigma, pressure, devalued status and sub-standard wages for vital services they provide
- HWB believes that poverty is inherently violent in nature and health services must be accessible and affordable
- HWB embraces non-violence, social justice, health and wellness as means to transform cultural and global trauma and violence
- HWB creates and promotes inter-cultural herbal health education, herbal borderless medicine exchanges and actions via local to global chapters
- HWB promotes the protection and preservation of indigenous herbs and healers, including intellectual property rights that honour and respect the wisdom of both traditional plants and healers globally; regenerating valuable traditional healing wisdom and practices that have been negated, oppressed, misused or extinguished
- HWB educates the public about growing and eating of traditional local healthful natural foods and herbs; relearning and recollecting of everyday traditional cultural healing lifestyles
- HWB supports equitable, sustainable, community-based, fair trade practices pertaining to foods, herbs and botanical products
- HWB embraces grassroots empowerment models and actions, encouraging local people to utilise their own unique community resources to create accessible peoples’ natural medicine clinics and other innovative holistic model projects
- HWB promotes sharing of holistic health and wellness resources and open source information that will assist all people and practitioners
- HWB believes in building foundations of honesty, trust, openness, compassion and collaboration within holistic health and wellness realms
- HWB assists herbalists and other healers with continuous training, education, technical assistance and resources
- HWB believes in creating alternative natural medicine solutions that individuals, communities and countries may begin implementing now
- HWB works to promote, defend and protect the human rights of all people as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), and subsequent United Nations conventions and declarations based on the UDHR, as well as in regional codes of human rights which incorporate the rights contained in the UDHR, the provisions to which governments have voluntarily acceded;
- HWB works to encourage, and raise awareness, that every human being possesses rights based on their humanity and that respect for human rights improves people’s lives;
Some error has occured.
If you prefer to email please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please try to have items submitted 1 week (7 days) prior to the meeting. Amendment of items preferred (7 days) prior to the meeting. items may be amended, or removed by contacting email@example.com. Late submissions might be held until next meeting, depending on the schedule.
Some error has occured.
Standalone version: https://hwbmelbourne.org/eforms/hwb-victoria-inc-commitee-nomination/15